Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Library

We have a lot of books at my house. Each kid has their own bookcase. No less than one hundred on each. I love the smell of books, the feel of books, the taste--no no I haven't really tasted a book. Really I haven't. I do love to read though.

As I sit here I am typing and retyping my lines because I promised to post ONLY delightful posts this month. Oh my but how I'd like to spin this tale the other way. My favorite little girl and I spent over an hour in the library this evening while she asked me if they had books on this or that. I'd show her said books on this or that and she'd say, "Oh." or "Mmm." As I said this post could go a different way so instead I'm going to keep my promise and ask for suggestions.

Does anyone have reading suggestions for an eight year old girl? Not Junie B. Jones. Not American Girl. That won't cut it for her. She did end up with a few books but we have many more trips to make and I want her to experience the joy of reading.

I did get to pick some fabulous books for the future pilot. Click Clack Moo among them. Oh and I put this one on order. I had the delightful opportunity of being dragged into the library after a field trip last year by my daughter where I was invited to finish out the day with her. We arrived back to school just in time for story time and let me tell you I LOVED this book. I can't wait to hold it in my hands. Heh heh. La cucharachita es muy inteligente.

2 comments:

Debbiy said...

The Narnia books.
The Secret Garden.
Nancy Drew

Tell her that Aunt Debbi, who loves to read, loved these alot...especially Nancy Drew...when she was her age.

Oh, an the Artemis Fowl books...which Gwen adored and got us hooked on.

ISO (In search of) said...

Ah, we actually got a Nancy Drew book. The junior series. And yes, I used you. I told her Aunt Debbi used to POUR over these and could not WAIT for the next one to be published to pounce on it. :)