Friday, November 6, 2009

Phobic

Earlier this week I mentioned my fear of throwing things away-disposaphobia. I wasn't sure if there was a name for the actual feeling I get when I let certain items fall from my fingers into the abyss of my trashcan but I looked it up. And someone thinks there is. Apparently there are a few other phobias I have. I'm maybe like a superphobe or something.

  • Acarophobia- fear of itching. Hmm I'm not too keen on sitting outside for long periods of time at dusk for fear mosquitos will gnaw my skin to red welts. Check on this one.
  • Aerophobia- fear of airbourne noxious substances. Well, not too keen of skunk smell or Uncle Fred after he's had a bowl too many of chili. Check here too.
  • Agateophobia- fear of insanity. Ugh. I certainly do NOT want to be insane and I feel my kids may drive me that way every day. Dang check another one.
  • Aichmophobia- fear of needles or pointed objects. HELLO!!!! Refer to post two days back. NOT FOND OF BEING PRICKED. Check.
  • Algophobia- fear of pain. Goodness. I certainly do not CHOOSE pain. "Hey, Jimmy smack me would you? ??? Seriously? Check.
  • Amathophobia- fear of dust. Heheh GOTCHA. I think I'm pretty cool with it. Just white glove my house and you will see that. No fear no fear here!
  • Barophobia- fear of gravity. Hmm. Well, I'm not exactly crazy about what it has done to my body but I can accept it.
  • Botanophobia- fear of plants! HAH! PLANTS fear ME!
  • Cleptophobia- fear of stealing. I CERTAINLY have this one. Really. We all should. Stealing=crime which =punishable offense.
  • Clinophobia- fear of going to bed. Hmmph! NOT I! My kids on the other hand. I think they do.
  • Obesophobia- fear of gaining weight. Uh yeah! (And I know I'm not alone here)
  • Pediculophobia- fear of lice. Actually I have to say if I ever EVER see one of these again I may just shave the entire family and skip town.
and lastly...
  • Polyphobia- really good they invented this one. "fear of many things" pretty much sums me up I think.
For the rest of the list check here.

No comments: