Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's (sniff) Over...

Boot camp ended today. I'm a bit sad. I got butterflies approximately 30 minutes each time it was time to pack up at work and head to the field. I whined when I was tired and sweat was dripping in my eyes. I muttered, "You have GOT to be kidding me." When the exercise was not doable. But I had fun. I mean I worked hard. But I had fun. Every single time.

I shaved almost two minutes off my run time. I was able to do TWELVE girlie push-ups today. That was twelve more than I could do when I started. I'm down a total of four pounds. It might have been more if those darned sinful Girl Scout cookies had not come in mid-training. Oh and if I had any will power.

I am proud of myself nonetheless. So since this is my blog I'm tooting my own horn. A)Because I want to remember that I CAN achieve if I try and B)Because I'm unofficially NaBloPoMo'ing. Yes I said unofficially. Mostly because I'd be insane to actually put that on paper. I just can't promise anyone but myself. I needed a post in a hurry so this was it.

I will have a follow up post on this when I get my post assessment test done. To me that will be the true test of what this camp has done for my 20 year old body. What? You say I'm not 20? Um they say 60 is the new 40 so that makes me 20. Do the math. :)

2 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Woo hoo! Toot! Toot! Rock and roll, girl! That's four pounds more than I've lost. You're my hero. I'm doing a big cheerleader jump for you right now that is spectacular. Oh darn, there's no photographer around. Oh, and I'm sure Girl Scout cookies are as wholesome as the girls who sell them. Right?

Debbiy said...

Rock on!