Monday, November 17, 2008

Visitors

If you are not a lover of cats please don't read any further. You will likely become bored. And possibly not as tickled as my kids were.

This morning as I was getting ready to run some errands with the future pilot I let out Mr. Pee-Diddly er um I mean RC. This cute little guy was sunning himself on my front porch. I thought about grabbing the camera but figured I'd probably scare him off. So I tiptoed back inside and snuck the future pilot to the front door with me so he could take a peek.

I was sure when we got back he'd be long gone. He was still there. And so was his friend.

This is Thing One...
and here is Thing Two

Aren't those just the prettiest blue eyes you ever saw?
Apparently the word on the street is we give free vittles. Because they were here snacking on RC's food.
I'm not really sure what to do about these cute little balls of fluff. I'm fairly certain they came from the farm just down the road. I don't think RC is particularly fond of sharing his eats but, well, he's basically an outdoor cat so that is where he gets fed. If we put his food in the house Dora might eat it and though I've heard cats are okay to consume dog food I've heard quite the opposite about dogs consuming cat food.

Hopefully there's no harm in a community bowl. The kids are sure enjoying watching them from a distance.

3 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

They're SO cute! And I was always feeding the stray cats around our house when we were in college. Then one night, two male cats got into a HUGE fight over the milk bowl and hubby said, "No more." I snuck it out there anyway.

lilsis said...

They look like kittens. Are they kittens?

ISO (In search of) said...

Hee hee Liz. It's funny but usually I'm the one fussing at my husband for feeding the strays.

Yep, lil sis. I'm sure they are relatives of your RC. The one looks Persian or Siamese to us. You sure you fixed that cat????