Sunday, November 9, 2008

Seasons Change...

and when they do my kids get all sniffly and coughy. I know...my browser tells me neither of those two adjectives are actual words but it's going to have to do because well, I just feel like it.

Until I had my girl back in '01, actually maybe not until she was a little over a year old, I really had no experience with asthma. My oldest was very healthy and rarely even got colds. My younger two have the perpetual stuffy/runny noses. Neither one has had to carry an inhaler around--for which I'm very thankful.

My daughter hasn't had to be nebulized for at least two years but the future pilot is in that stage. In case you've never had the misfortune to have to force misty air up a small child's nose let me tell you it's no fun. Especially when they don't really understand why you are doing it.

The future pilot is getting better at it. I think he knows it enables him to breathe better. That and it he thinks the mask looks a lot like a pilot's oxygen mask.

3 comments:

Mainly a midwife said...

Thanks for the comment. I didn't realize I had misspelled it.Thanks for catching it!

Gitz 'n Jo said...

I use a nebulizer all the time for my lungs and hate the way the jittery way the medicine makes me feel... but think you're pretty brilliant for giving him the pilot angle :)

lilsis said...

Awww, feel better, little guy.

xoxoxo