Wednesday, November 26, 2008

To Be. Or not to Be.

As I try to finish up my paper I am in charge of entertaining my two youngest while their daddy sleeps. Oh lucky him to have the bed all to himself in sweet slumber.

So, I sit and start to write and inevitably one of them needs something. My kids like to have conversations with me when I am supposed to be working. Like the one the future pilot HAD to have.

TFP - Mom, what flavor is this?
Me - I don't know.
TFP - Mom, it's boobaaarry, taste it.
Me - No thanks (shows gum in mouth put there as a preventative method so as not to snack)
TFP - No, TASTE it.
Me - (tips it to tongue) Mmm.Hmm.
TFP - No! You have to stick it.
Me - ?
TFP - Like this (proceeds to suck on it). Now YOU try it.
Me - No thank you honey, mommy really needs to finish her paper.
TFP - Just stick it. Come on just stick it.
Me - (thinks that is exactly what she'd like to do. Stick this paper and be done with it) Honey, please let mommy write her paper.
TFP - Awwe. You didn't even stick it. It's boobaaarrry.

Between comical interruptions like these and more stressful times of me barking at my kids to stop being so noisy and to let me continue on with my work it's been a rough day. It is 10:55 at night and I now have almost 5 pages. I have a 6-8 page minimum with 5 citings and 3 graphics. I've got enough cites but I need one more graphic. Front and back material is not included in the count so I still need to go back and write an abstract.

My mom has rescued my favorite little girl in the world--she will be spending the night with someone who does not have her nose glued to a computer monitor. The daddy has left for work and about 25 minutes ago there was a favorite first born son sighting. He has kidnapped the future pilot and they are watching "Top Chef" in another room. God bless those that whisk away the helpless.

I'm not a happy camper. I waited so late to post because I had hoped I'd have a 'ya-ay' I'm done to announce. Maybe tomorrow it will be among my "list of thankfulness". I refuse to go to bed until it has been completed.

No comments: