Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Thanksgiving

It's the wee hours of the morning and some may still be slumbering. And yet some of you may be trying desperately to de-ice your turkey so your guests will have a bit of protein with all the starch of pies, cakes, potatoes and such.

Hopefully none of you are working to dislodge yourselves from the cavities of a turkey. That would be a bit distressful, not to mention unsanitary. Ah, this does remind me of one of my favorite Mr. Bean episodes.



Now then, on with my Thursday Thankfuls...

First and foremost this week I am thankful that my little brother and his wife and child were spared all but bumps and bruises (and a totaled vehicle) when they hit a patch of ice, slid off the roadway and flipped their vehicle. A big humongous thank you to God for bringing them home safely and in tact.

I am thankful for family to celebrate with. To make memories with. To laugh and love with.

I am thankful that no one in my family has lost their job and that none of us is struggling so much that we can not afford to eat or buy the essentials for our families.

Can I just add that I am thankful the elections are over? I mean really. I am. It's been beautiful not to hear all of the name and character bashing.

I have finished the first draft of the dreaded paper. All just dotting "i's" and "t's" now. To me that is the home stretch. Woohoooo thank you to my heavenly Father for that!

Last but not least and certainly not that I could not post a million more...to my mom because I'm quite sure when I broke down in tears before her this evening, as I fussed on and on about not having any uninterrupted time to work on this paper, she went directly home and got on her knees in prayer on my behalf.

Here's a virtual toast to all for a blessed Thanksgiving with their loved ones.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Thank you so much for the encouraging words and for stopping by! Your hospitality is very much appreciated.

I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Casey